- About Calhoun
- President's Welcome
- Mission, Values & Vision
- Our History at a Glance
- Calhoun Fast Facts
- Campus Maps
- Achieving the Dream
- Quality Enhancement Plan
- Business and Finance
- Institutional Advancement
- Planning, Research & Grants Administration
- Public Relations
- News and Announcements
- Our Publications
- Calhoun Educational Television
- Calhoun Theatre
- Center for the Study of Southern Political Culture
- Crime Statistics
- Alumni Testimonials
- ADA/Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Educational Institution
- Website Disclaimer and Privacy
- Tobacco Free Campus
- ACCS Formal Complaint Process
- Alphabetical Listing of Programs
- Business & CIS Programs
- Child Development Program
- Cooperative Education
- F.A.M.E. AMT Program
- Health Programs
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Campus Lab Hours & Information
- Graduation Information
- College Syllabus
- Dual Enrollment
- Calhoun Honors Program
- Student Resources
- Advising Centers
- Calhoun Cupboard
- Campus Email
- Campus Tours
- Co-op Program
- Career Services
- Consumer Information
- Distance Learning
- Financial Aid
- Food Service
- Proctored Exams
- Service Learning Program
- Services for Persons with Disabilities & Special Student Populations
- Starfish Program
- Student Advocate Office
- Student Complaint Process
- Student ID Card
- Student Right-to-Know
- Student Services Staff
- Student Success Symposium
- Wellness Center
- Workforce Development
Medical Laboratory Technician
(formerly Clinical Lab Technician program)
The MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician) program offers an Associate in Applied Science degree from Calhoun Community College which prepares graduates for eligibility for National Certification Examination in Medical Laboratory Science.
Applications for 2017 fall class will be available in the spring.
The Calhoun MLT program has been accredited by NAACLS since 2010.
NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences)
5600 N. River Rd. Suite 720
Rosemont, IL 60018-5119847.939.3597
WHAT IS A MLT (Medical Laboratory Technician)?
The medical laboratory professional is qualified by academic and applied science education to provide service and research in clinical laboratory science and related areas in rapidly changing and dynamic healthcare delivery systems.
MLT professionals perform, evaluate, correlate, and assure accuracy and validity of laboratory information; direct clinical lab resources and operations; and collaborate in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
MLT professionals practice independently and collaboratively; possess excellent oral communication skills to engage in consultative interactions with members of the healthcare team, customer service and patient education; and demonstrate ethical and moral attitudes and principles that are necessary for gaining and maintaining the confidence of patients, professional associates and the community.
The ability to relate to people, a capacity for calm and reasoned judgment, and a demonstration of commitment to the patient are essential qualities.
MLT STUDENT HANDBOOK 2016
Contains current policies and procedures. Each new cohort will be given an updated Handbook.
MLT PROGRAM Outcome Measures 2016
Data tallied from the most recent past 4 years. Calhoun is proud to announce 100% national certification PASS RATEs for the past 4 consecutive graduating classes!
National Certification agencies accepted in the local area:
Minimum admission standards for Medical Laboratory Technology Program include:
- Unconditional admission to the college
- Good standing with college.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 on college work
- Receipt of completed application for Medical Lab Technology Program by deadline listed on current application.
- Meeting the essential functions required for MLT.