Welcome and thank you for your interest in our nursing programs. Below you will find links to information for each of our nursing programs. Please contact the nursing department by phone (256-306-2794) with any questions about these programs. The Nursing Department is located on the Decatur Campus in the Health Sciences Center (click here to see campus maps) and is comprised of both the Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing programs. The office hours are Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. on Fridays.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF NURSING PROGRAM CHANGES:
Application for SPRING 2018 opens JULY 1 for TRADITIONAL DAY and RN BRIDGE for LPN & PARAMEDIC. Because of curriculum changes, the ‘Part-Time Evening Program’ is no longer offered for TRADITIONAL RN students. The TRADITIONAL RN program will be offered in the DAY format only with a Fall and Spring admission. RN BRIDGE for LPN & PARAMEDIC program will be offered in evening classes for working healthcare professionals. Please attend an Information Session to find out more!
Am I ready to be a nursing student? Click here to take this short self-assessment to help you gauge your readiness for education in nursing.
If you are a pre-nursing student, the Advising Centers are available to answer questions regarding program information, general education coursework, and admission requirements. To request an advising session, please email email@example.com.
Nursing Information Sessions
• Thursday, June 8 at 4:00pm in the Health Sciences Building, Room 109, Decatur Campus
• Tuesday, June 20 at 3:00pm in the Health Sciences Building, Room 109, Decatur Campus
• Thursday, July 20 at 4:00pm in the Health Sciences Building, Room 109, Decatur Campus
• Tuesday, August 1 at 4:00pm in the Health Sciences Building, Room 105, Decatur Campus
• Thursday, August 17 at 10:00am in the Health Sciences Building, Room 105, Decatur Campus
• Monday, August 28 at 4:00pm in the Health Sciences Building, Room 109, Decatur Campus
- 2017 Nursing Application (The application will open July 1, 2017; deadline is August 31, 2017 at 11:59pm)
- Nursing Program Transfer Application for Fall 2017 (to transfer into NUR 113, NUR 211, or NUR 203/204)
- Nursing Application Deadlines
- LPN and RN Application Points Sheet
- Paramedic and LPN to RN Application Points Sheet
- Program Description
- Minimum Application Requirements
- RN/LPN Program Card (Associate of Applied Science)
- Bridge from LPN and Paramedic to RN Program Card (Associate of Applied Science)
- Admit Fall Semester and Spring Semester
Other Nursing Links:
- Nursing Physical Form (to be completed once accepted into the Nursing Program)
- Alabama College System Nursing Essential Functions
- Nursing Program Outcomes
Nursing programs have the full approval of the Alabama Board of Nursing and are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Accreditation information regarding the nursing program may be obtained from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. Telephone: 404-975-5000. www.acenursing.org. See our ACEN Accreditation certificates.