Welcome and thank you for your interest in our nursing programs. Below you will find links to information for each of our nursing programs. Please contact the nursing department by phone (256-306-2794) with any questions about these programs. The Nursing Department is located on the Decatur Campus in the Health Sciences Center (click here to see campus maps) and is comprised of both the Associate Degree Nursing and Practical Nursing programs. The office hours are Monday - Thursday, 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m. until 11:30 a.m. on Fridays.
Nursing programs have the full approval of the Alabama Board of Nursing and are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). Accreditation information regarding the nursing program may be obtained from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Rd. NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. Telephone: 404-975-5000. www.acenursing.org. See our ACEN Accreditation certificates.
Am I ready to be a nursing student? Click here to take this short self-assessment to help you gauge your readiness for education in nursing.
If you are a pre-nursing student, the Advising Centers are available to answer questions regarding program information, general education coursework, and admission requirements. To request an advising session, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursing Information Sessions
- February 7th from 4-5pm in Health Sciences Room 105, Decatur Campus
- February 13th from 4-5pm in Health Sciences Room 109, Decatur Campus
- March 9th from 3:30-4:30pm in Health Sciences Room 105, Decatur Campus
- March 20th from 4-5pm in Health Sciences Room 109, Decatur Campus
- 2017 Nursing Application (The application deadline is March 31, 2017 at 11:59pm)
- Nursing Application Deadlines
- Nursing Application Points Sheet
- Program Description
- Minimum Application Requirements
- RN/LPN Program Card (Associate of Applied Science)
- Bridge from LPN and Paramedic to RN Program Card (Associate of Applied Science)
- Admit Fall Semester and Spring Semester
Other Nursing Links:
- Nursing Physical Form (to be completed once accepted into the Nursing Program)
- Alabama College System Nursing Essential Functions
- Nursing Program Outcomes