State Policy 801.01: Admission: General
According to State Board Policy 801.01: Admission; All new/readmission students
must provide one Primary Form of Documentation for Admission to Alabama Community Colleges. All International Students must provide an acceptable VISA.
Registration for classes will not be allowed
until the Admissions Office has received appropriate documentation.
Documentation must be submitted in person
to the admissions office -OR- a notarized
copy may be mailed to the admissions office (see below).
Types of Acceptable Identification:
- Unexpired Alabama Driver’s License or instruction permit
- Unexpired Alabama identification card
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Unexpired U.S. Permanent Resident Card
- Resident Alien Card-Pre-1997
- Unexpired Driver’s License or instruction permit from another state or possession that verifies lawful presence, dated 2000 and beyond
- U.S. Alien Registration Card (Form I0151) prior to 1978
- BIA or tribal identification card with photo
Additional forms of documentation may be acceptable. For more information or questions please contact the admissions office at (256) 306-2500 or 890-4700 or email@example.com
SAMPLE wording for Notary verifying Drivers License:
I hereby certify the above copy of Alabama Drivers License No. ____________ to be a true and correct copy of the same.
Don’t forget to include:
- A copy of the Drivers License
- It should be dated
- Student Signature
- Notary Signature and seal