Enrollment/Registration Steps for First Time and Readmission Students
Never been a Calhoun student or haven't been here for a while? No problem!! The following are the 7 Simple Steps checklist to be sure that your first experience registering for classes is a good one.
Students who would like to request accommodations on the basis of disability should contact Disability Services at (256) 306-2630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Apply for Admission
2. Apply for Financial Aid
Must be enrolled in at least 6 semester hours to receive federal financial aid. Check with Financial Aid Office for exceptions.
3. Take the college placement test. Click here to book your appointment or present ACT or SAT scores to an advisor.
4. Meet with an advisor for initial registration. Click here to book your appointment. To schedule non-traditional/distance education advising services for online students who are out-of-state or cannot access traditional advising services, please call the Advising Center at 256-306-2648.
5. Register for classes (once you are given a C-number and password, you will be able to register online using myCalhoun; Click here to see How to Register on My Calhoun). Take a look at the schedule for the semester you want to register. There you will find a listing of classes offered, registration schedule and other useful information.
6. Pay tuition and fees
- Decatur – Chasteen Student Center
- Huntsville – Business Office (HSV 105)
- Online through MyCalhoun
Once tuition is paid, you may acquire the following:
- ID Card
- Decatur – ID can be made in Chasteen Student Center, 2nd floor.
- Huntsville – ID can be made in the Admissions Office
Students must present schedule to have ID card made
- Parking Decal
- Decatur – Chasteen Student Center – Switchboard
- Huntsville– Campus Police Desk – Front Foyer
7. Purchase books
- Calhoun Bookstores are located on both Decatur and Huntsville campuses. If you are receiving financial aid, please see appropriate semester book charge dates/times by visiting the Bookstore site
Now that you are Registered, Go to classes! You may find it helpful to visit our Phone/E-mail Directory . There you may look for contact information by department/area or you can go to an alphabetical listing if you know the person's name that you need to contact.