Clinical Laboratory Technician (CLT/MLT) Program
2015 APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED to end of JUNE
The CLT program offers an Associate in Applied Science degree from Calhoun Community College which prepares graduates for eligibility for National Certification Examination in Medical Laboratory Science (MLT/CLT).
(all applicants will be notified by mail of acceptance status)
The Calhoun CLT/MLT program has been accredited by NAACLS since 2010.
NAACLS (National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences)
5600 N. River Rd. Suite 720
Rosemont, IL 60018-5119847.939.3597
CLT PROGRAM Outcome Measures 2015
Data tallied from the most recent past 3 years of designated accredtation benchmarks.
CCC CLT/MLT program is proud to announce 100% National Certification rate of all graduates for the past 3 years!
WHAT IS A CLT (Clinical Laboratory Technician)?
The clinical laboratory professional is qualified by academic and applied science education to provide service and research in clinical laboratory science and related areas in rapidly changing and dynamic healthcare delivery systems.
MLT/CLT professionals perform, evaluate, correlate, and assure accuracy and validity of laboratory information; direct clinical lab resources and operations; and collaborate in the diagnosis and treatment of patients.
MLT/CLT professionals practice independently and collaboratively; possess excellent oral communication skills to engage in consultative interactions with members of the healthcare team, customer service and patient education; and demonstrate ethical and moral attitudes and principles that are necessary for gaining and maintaining the confidence of patients, professional associates and the community.
The ability to relate to people, a capacity for calm and reasoned judgment, and a demonstration of commitment to the patient are essential qualities.
CLT STUDENT HANDBOOK 2014
Contains current policies and procedures. Each new cohort will be given an updated Handbook.
National Certification agencies accepted in the local area:
Minimum admission standards for Clinical Laboratory Technology Program include:
- Unconditional admission to the college
- Good standing with college.
- A minimum GPA of 2.00 on college work
- Receipt of completed application for Clinical Lab Technology Program by deadline listed on current application.
- Submission of sealed Professional Evaluation Reference form received separately from non-related person by deadline.
- Meeting the essential functions required for CLT.
- A score of 76 or higher on the COMPASS Reading Examination (ACT Reading Score of 17 or higher).
- Keyboarding computer course or typing skill of at least 25 words per minute as determined by unofficial typing test.