Calhoun offers over 80 online courses allowing students to complete the following degrees and certificates online:
- Associate of Science (AS) Degree in General Studies (based on terms and conditions of a student's STARS agreement)
- Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Certificate
- Software Applications Certificate
For a full listing of all online courses and programs available from Alabama's community colleges, visit ALACTL.org.
Distance Learning courses at Calhoun are offered in two different formats, Hybrid and Web.
- A Hybrid course is one in which a majority of instruction is delivered online via the Internet but students do have to come to campus for one or more class sessions. Calhoun identifies Hybrid sections with an “H” in the course schedule.
- A Web course is one in which instruction is delivered entirely online through Blackboard, a learning management system. Students do not have to come to campus for any online classes but they may be required to take proctored exams at a preapproved location. Calhoun identifies Web sections with a “W” in the course schedule.
Both Hybrid and Web courses require that students have a reliable computer and high-speed Internet access. For further technical details, see Technical Requirements. Additionally, Distance Learning courses require computer literacy and excellent reading comprehension skills, as well as self-discipline and motivation.
Other questions about online courses, financial aid, or student registration?
Mrs. Dawn M. Hale
Testing and Assessment Center