Tutoring in all Subject Areas
Student success is our number one priority at Calhoun Community College. Every effort is made to provide students with programs and services that can assist them in obtaining and reaching their academic goals. To further help students achieve these goals, beginning spring semester 2017, Calhoun opened the Student Tutoring & Academic Resource (STAR) Institute.
STAR Institute will provide free one on one tutoring and success seminars throughout the semester. STAR Institute is located in suite 230 on the 2nd Floor of the Chasteen Student Center on the Decatur campus. The STAR Institute number is 256-306-2594. See the STAR Institute directory, for more information.
- 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. - Monday-Thursday
- 8:00 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. - Friday
Academic performance is one of the best indicators of student success. Calhoun Community College has made YOUR success our number one priority. We have teamed up with TutorTrac to allow for easy access to Tutors. The success of any Campus is determined by student success. Having the ability to provide critical help at the moment it is needed enables success for everyone.
You can access TutorTrac through your MyCalhoun Portal.
Other tutoring resources available on campus:
BUS (Accounting, Economics, & Statistics) Tutoring
- Monday & Tuesday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Room #122, Noble Russell
- Wednesday & Thursday: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM, HSV 1106 (new building)
- CIS 146, 147, 197E, 197W, 201, 251 & 255
- Monday - Thursday: 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm, Room #122, Noble Russell
- Monday - Thursday: 2:30 pm – 5:00 pm, HSV 1106
- Huntsville: Free one-on-one and small group math tutoring available by appointment in the Huntsville Campus Math Lab, room 1106. Make appointments in person in the Math Lab. See one of the lab assistants in the lab for more information. General assistance and homework help is also available on a walk-in basis
Also, see Campus Labs page