Student Services

Graduation Information

  • The 2014-15 commencement ceremony will be held Friday, May 15, 2015  on the Decatur campus at 6:00 p.m. on the front lawn of the Math/Science Building.
  • In the event of inclement weather, the ceremony will be moved inside the Kelly Gymnasium.  Seating is limited inside the gym; therefore ONLY guests with tickets will be permitted in the gym.  Guests without tickets may view the ceremony, which will be televised on screens in the overflow rooms located in the Math/Science Building. 
  • Eligible candidates invited to participate in the ceremony include summer and fall 2014 recent graduates and students who  apply to graduate for the spring 2015 term that are completing degree requirements this semester.
  • If you have NOT already applied to graduate, you must apply to graduate for the spring semester no later than   April 17, 2015.
  • Cap and gowns are NOW ON SALE  ($37) at the Decatur and Huntsville campus bookstores.  Eligible candidates MUST fill out a reservation form at the bookstore and purchase cap and gown in order to participate in the ceremony. More detailed instructions will be  in your packet when you pick up your cap and gown.

Are you completing requirements soon? If you have completed 45 hours or more, you might be close to completing a two-year degree.  To find out, please see an advisor now to apply for graduation.   Spring & Summer 2015 graduates should apply now!

To have a degree posted to your transcript, a student must comply with formal procedures for graduation in accordance with the college policies as follows:

  • Submit an Application for Graduation  form to the Admissions/Records Office at least one semester prior to graduation.
  • Fulfill all financial obligations to Calhoun Community College.
  • Satisfy those requirements as stated in the current Calhoun Catalog.
  • There is no fee to apply and have a degree posted to your transcript and you may select to have a diploma certificate mailed to your home free of charge as well.

Graduation Forms:

Frequently Asked Questions:

How do I apply for graduation? 

  • Submit an Application for Graduation  form  (complete online survey) then print out application
  • Mail form to Admissions; see advisor if need assistance completing form.
  • Email status audit results will be sent generally within 6 weeks or less from time of submission..

When will my degree be posted?

  • Once all requirements for the degree has been met, and all grades have been verified at the end of term. Allow approximately 4 weeks for degree to post after end of semester.

When will I receive my diploma

  • Once your degree is posted to your transcript, please allow approximately 4-6 weeks after the end of term to receive your diploma certificate.

When is the graduation ceremony?

  • The graduation ceremony is held once a year in May.  The upcoming ceremony will be held Friday, May 15, 2015.  All eligible candidates will be notified during the spring term prior the ceremony.

Is there a cost to participate in the ceremony?

  • All graduate candidates walking in the ceremony are required to fill out a reservation form and purchase a cap and gown, (approx. $38).

My GPA is below a 2.0, can I graduate?

  • An overall grade point average of 2.0 is required to earn your degree.  We  recommend you see an admissions staff member or advisor to discuss eligibility for course forgiveness or academic bankruptcy to help raise your GPA.  Note: You may not bankrupt a course that is applying towards your degree.
  • In addition, you are eligible to walk in the ceremony and complete your requirements the following term.


For questions regarding graduation application, please contact Felisha Taylor (256-306-2607,

For questions regarding graduation ceremony, please contact Carla Swinney (256-306-2870,