Students planning to pursue transfer to a four-year university should complete a STARS guide and Area V program of study to an Alabama
university (or contact the transfer institution if out of state for transferability guidance) to ensure transfer readiness and satisfaction of course and program requirements. Talk with your Calhoun advisor and complete an official STARS guide to guarantee your program of study for transfer is correct. Visit stars.troy.edu for the accurate class selection.
GENERAL EDUCATION CORE REQUIREMENTS
- ORI 110 Freshman Seminar – 1
- ENG 101 English Composition I – 3
- ENG 102 English Composition II – 3
- *Literature Elective – 3-6
- Fine Art Elective – 3
- Humanities Elective – 3-6
- Natural Science Electives – 8
- MTH 110 Finite Mathematics or higher – 3
- *History Electives – 3-6
- Social or Behavioral Science Electives – 6-9
- Total – 42 credit hours
Electives must be selected from the Area V page of an Alabama transfer school or contact the transfer institution if out of state for elective choices.
- General Electives – 19
- Total – 19 credit hours
Total Credits – 61 credit hours
*Must complete a two-course sequence in either Literature or History Must check with transfer institution concerning a sequence in both Literature, History and the Natural Science area.