CLT is a nationally portable, industry-led program that prepares individuals for front-line material handling and supply chain logistics jobs in fulfillment centers, warehouses, distribution centers, and factories. This online training program includes a stackable certification for employees with the 21st Century, in-demand skills needed for long-term career paths in over 5.8 million supply chain logistics jobs.
CLT is delivered and customized locally through 1,500 MSSC Centers with a network of over 2,300 Authorized Instructors at colleges, secondary schools, and other convenient locations.
Currently, Certified Logistics Associate training is offered by Calhoun Adult-Ed.
Key Work Activities for Standards, Training and Assessments
Foundation-level Certified Logistics Associate(CLA)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the various roles in the global supply chain logistics life cycle
- Demonstrate an understanding of the logistics environment
- Operate and use equipment
- Practice safety principles
- Practice safety principles in the handling of materials and operation of equipment
- Practice quality control principles
- Employ work communication practices
- Practice teamwork and good workplace behavior to solve problems
- Use relevant computer systems and applications to increase productivity
Mid-level Certified Logistics Technician(CLT)
- Receive products
- Stock products
- Process product orders
- Prepare packages for shipment and ship products
- Maintain control of inventory
- Handle hazardous materials in a safe manner
- Evaluate transportation modes
- Perform dispatch, routing and tracking operations
- Understand U.S. measurements and metric system conversions