The Alabama Non-Traditional High School Diploma Option (HSDO) is an alternative to the GED high school equivalency, designed for students who have completed all of the required credits for graduation but failed the Alabama High School Graduation Exam (AHSGE), or students who have dropped out of the traditional high school setting.
For an adult who attended an Alabama high school and earned enough credits to graduate, but did not pass the high school graduation exam.
Am I Eligible For Option 1?
- Participant must have all 24 credits required to graduate from a traditional high school, or the number of credits established by the local school system that the participant last attended
- Must be at least 17 years of age. (This will CHANGE to 19 years of age in December 2018)
- Did not pass the Alabama High School Graduation Exam
For an adult who earned 10 or more credits from an Alabama high school and requires additional credits for high school completion.
Am I Eligible For Option 2?
- Participants must have at least 10 credits of the 24 credits required to graduate from a traditional high school in Alabama
- Minimum age of 17. (This will CHANGE to 19 years of age in December 2018)
- Participants must assess on the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education)
We offer classes on both the Decatur and Huntsville campuses.
The Huntsville Campus currently offers our first HSDO only class.
Tuesday & Thursday, 1-5 PM, Room 21 / Mrs. Kira Gwaltney
The Decatur Campus HSDO only class is coming soon!!
My last high school was out of state, can I still be a part of the HSDO program?
Your last school of record must be an Alabama high school.
If I complete this program do I get a certificate or an actual diploma?
You will receive a diploma from your high school. Note: The date of graduation will be this year.
How long will it take me to complete the program?
We don’t like to estimate your time in the program simply because every student is an individual.
If you would like more information or to request an appointment please contact:
Please download the HSDO Audit Form and have it completed by your High School