Message from Calhoun President Dr. Joe Burke
The health and safety of students, faculty, staff and visitors remain our number one priority at Calhoun Community College. We are following medical protocols from state and national health authorities and have implemented recommended guidelines in relation to social distancing, hygiene, travel, and visits to the college. In addition, we are taking steps to attempt to ensure the cleanliness or all of our facilities. We are also increasing air flow into all buildings and utilizing HVAC systems technology with high efficiency MERV-13 filtering to improve air quality. The college is committed to keeping you updated and will provide guidance to our students, faculty and staff as appropriate. In the event there are other confirmed cases reported to us, we will notify all individuals impacted and post notification here on the COVID-19 section of our website.
According to the Alabama Department of Public Health, exposure/contact to COVID-19 is when you have been within less than 6ft. of an individual who has the virus, for greater than 15 minutes without a face covering or a member of your household. Please watch Michael Glenn from the Alabama Department of Public Health explaining criteria for determining exposure/contact to COVID-19.
- Calhoun Coronavirus status
- ALL classes will remain online for the spring and summer semesters. The college will remain closed to the public until further notice. This includes ALL computer labs.
- Important Information for Fall Semester
- 2020 Commencement has been postponed to August 7, 2020 and will be semi virtual
- The college’s Distance Learning Department will provide assistance to students experiencing any issues accessing their online coursework. Send emails to: email@example.com.
- Students requiring ADA services should contact the Student Disability Services/ADA office at 256-306-2630 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students requesting counseling services should contact the Student Disability Services/ADA office at 256-306-2630 or email@example.com
- Students needing advising assistance should email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UPDATED Statewide Health Order for Alabama