Calhoun offers over 80 online courses allowing students to complete the following degrees and certificates online!
The class schedule for each semester will notate the distance learning courses that are available. Be sure to select “Distance Learning” as the campus when searching.
Degrees & Certificates available online
Associate of Science in General Studies with these Concentrations:
- Computer Science
- Criminal Justice
- Elementary Education
- General Education
- Social Work
Associate of Applied Science
- Office Management (with Medical Billing Career Path)
Short Term Certificate:
- Tax Professional
- Accounting Essentials
- Medical Billing Essentials
- Medical Billing Specialist
- A Hybrid course is one in which a majority of instruction is delivered online via the Internet but students do have to come to campus for one or more class sessions. Calhoun identifies Hybrid sections with an “H” in the course schedule.
- A Web course is one in which instruction is delivered entirely online through Blackboard, a learning management system. Students do not have to come to campus for any online classes but they may be required to take proctored exams at Calhoun’s testing center or a preapproved location. Calhoun identifies Web sections with a “W” in the course schedule.
Both Hybrid and Web courses require that students have a reliable computer and high-speed Internet access. For further technical details, see Technical Requirements. Additionally, Distance Learning courses require computer literacy and excellent reading comprehension skills, as well as self-discipline and motivation.