E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees.
- Effective January 1, 2012, all State of Alabama employers are required to use the E-Verify System to verify their employees’ eligibility to work in the United States.
- Calhoun Community College participates in E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility for all newly-hired employees.
- The E-Verify System requires that all new hires have a valid Social Security Number.
- E-Verify Participation Poster (pdf) – English and Spanish
- Right to Work Poster (pdf) – English and Spanish