PT Faculty FAQs


  • I already have an old part-time teaching application on file from previous employment. Do I have to submit a new application? Answer: Yes. We need to make sure that we have your current information correct in our database. You do not have to resubmit official transcripts already on file.
  • How do I apply for a part-time teaching position? Answer: Submit the application form and have official transcripts from each college attended mailed to the Office of Human Resources, Calhoun Community College, PO Box 2216, Decatur, AL 35609-2216. Applications may also be brought to the Human Resources Office (3rd floor, room 360) in the Math/Science Building on the Decatur campus.
  • How soon will I hear something and how will I know if I qualify? Answer: The evaluation process will not begin until all transcripts have been received. We cannot accept unofficial copies, faxes, or e-mails of transcripts. Applicants must provide transcripts from each college attended, regardless of the number of courses taken and whether or not that institution conferred a degree . Once all required documents have been received, we will forward your application materials to the appropriate academic department for evaluation of your credentials and experience. A rating will be assigned, and your materials will be returned to the Office of Human Resources. You will receive a letter notifying you of the outcome of the evaluation. Copies of qualified applicants will be distributed to the appropriate personnel who are responsible for assigning part-time faculty members to classes. Should a part-time position become available, one of our deans or lead faculty members may contact you for an interview.
  • Can I apply directly with the academic department? Answer: No. The Office of Human Resources is the unit of the college responsible for the application process. Only those applicants applying through the Office of Human Resources can be considered. You may contact the dean or lead faculty member for more information about potential openings and class offerings.
  • I have a Master’s degree in Education. Will that qualify me to teach at Calhoun? Answer: Your transcripts must show a Master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in an instructional discipline to teach at the associate degree level. For example, if you want to teach Math, you must have 18 graduate semester hours in Math. Please review course offerings or contact the department directly for openings in your credentialed area. Click here for a list of instructional disciplines (For more detailed information about specific courses, follow Catalog link below.)
  • My transcripts are in my maiden name. How can I make sure they are put with my application? Answer: Please list your maiden name on your application form or ask the college or university to list your current name on your transcript. Letting us know that we may receive transcripts for you under a different name will help ensure that all of your application materials stay together.
  • Why must I send transcripts from colleges where I only took a class or two? That coursework shows up on my other transcripts as transfer work. Answer: According to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, we must have official transcripts from the institution granting the credit in your personnel file.
  • I received my degree in a country outside the U.S. Will I still be eligible to teach at Calhoun? Answer: Since you have attended institutions outside the United States, we request that you have a translation of your coursework submitted to this office from an accredited translation service (e.g., World Education Services, Inc.) Upon receipt of an official translation, we will have your application processed. In this case, translation refers to a course by course evaluation report with a detailed description of academic records with their corresponding value in U.S. terms. If necessary, the transcript is also translated into English.
Download an application packet for
Adjunct Faculty positions.
PDF version |
Microsoft Word Version

For more information, call the Office of Human Resources at 256/306-2590.

Calhoun Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System, including postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the ACCS Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. Calhoun Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College reserves the right to withdraw job announcements at any time prior to the awarding.

See our Accreditation information.