On February 27, 2014, Calhoun was selected as a member of the Achieving the Dream network. Achieving the Dream is a national nonprofit organization leading the nation’s most comprehensive non-governmental reform network to improve student success in higher education. By joining the Achieving the Dream network, Calhoun has committed to a Student-Centered Model of Institutional Improvement. The Model frames the overall work of helping more students, particularly low-income students and students of color, stay in school and earn a college certificate or degree.
The Achieving the Dream 2014 Cohort is as follows:
- Calhoun Community College (AL)
- Cowley College (KS)
- Georgia Northwestern Technical College (GA)
- Grayson College (TX)
- McLennan Community College (TX)
- Mohawk Valley Community College (NY)
- North Georgia Technical College (GA)
- Savannah Technical College (GA)
- West Georgia Technical College (GA)
- West Hills College Lemoore (CA)
- West Kentucky Community & Technical College (KY)
- Western Technical College (WI)
The 2014-15 academic year is considered a planning year and focuses on data collection and analysis.