Before submitting a proposal for an Honors course, faculty should be familiar with the Honors Program Learning Outcomes as well as how an Honors course differs from a non-honors course.
What is Honors Education?
- What the National Collegiate Honors Council has to say
- What is an Honors course?
- Presidential Honors Program Learning outcomes
Faculty proposals for honors courses at Calhoun Community College should include
- a brief summary that addresses how this course will meet the program learning outcomes and some of the ways the honors course will differ from a non-honors course,
- a sample syllabus containing a description of instructional methods, rough outline of topics to be covered along with the reading requirements, types of evaluation with a grading policy, and
- a sample assignment.
See sample syllabi.
Submit your course proposal here: