Step 1 — Apply to Calhoun
Step 2 — Review Entrance Criteria
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
- Intellectual curiosity
- High School GPA of 3.5 or higher
- ACT Score of 24 or higher
Step 3 — To be considered for scholarships, students must complete the Calhoun Scholarship application by the March 1 deadline.
Students are required to attach the following on the application:
- Resume of academic achievements, honors, awards, service and leadership activities, etc. (include outside interests and hobbies)
- Essay: Choose your favorite quote on leadership. Write a 500-word essay explaining what this quote means to you and how it relates to your life and/or career goals. Attach the essay as a Microsoft Word document or in .pdf format. Your essay should be well-organized and specific, addressing the topic using personal examples. The essay should show your intellectual curiosity and willingness to take on academic challenges. The essay should be written in first person and free of grammatical and spelling errors.
- Unofficial high school transcripts
(Students cannot be unconditionally admitted to Calhoun until official transcripts are received as part of the admission process.)