Tips & Study Guides
Refreshing your skills and studying for the Placement Exam is important. Though the test is not a pass or fail exam, your score determines which courses you will take your first few semesters at Calhoun.
Before you take your test:
- Study basic Math, Reading, and English concepts. For extra help, visit these sites:
- Get some rest the day before you test.
Day of your test:
- Dress in layers. The room can be cold for some testers. You don’t want that to distract you.
- Arrive 10 minutes early.
- Don’t rush through. If you don’t finish your exam or if you get tired, you are able to stop your test and come back within two weeks to finish.
- Bring a photo ID.
- Know your Calhoun C#.
After your test:
- Schedule an appointment to meet with an advisor. You can go to www.calhoun.edu/advising to schedule an appointment. They can explain your scores and provide recommendations for courses.