A “First-Time Freshmen” is a student who has not previously attended any college after high school graduation or completion of a GED is considered a first-time freshman. Dual Enrollment students will be considered first-time freshmen after graduating from high school and must submit a first-time freshman application to attend the summer or fall term immediately following high school graduation. Students who wish to enroll in college while still in high school should contact the Dual Enrollment office at 256-306-2834 or click here for more information.
For unconditional admission and to be classified as degree eligible, applicants must have on file at the institution a completed application for admission, primary form of identification, and one of the following:
- Official high school transcript with posted graduation date from a public, private, or home school program equivalent to the Alabama High School Diploma, as defined by the Alabama State Board of Education.
- Official GED certificate issued by the appropriate state education agency
First-time college students may be conditionally admitted pending receipt of official final high school transcripts. Failure to submit official transcript with posted graduation date by the end of the first semester of enrollment will prevent future registration and release of official Calhoun transcripts. First-time students with a conditional admission status will not receive federal financial aid.
Official high school transcripts including the date of graduation must be received in the Admissions and Records office prior to students being awarded financial aid.
Please be advised transcripts are considered official if they are :
- Mailed directly from the high school to Calhoun Community College:
Calhoun Community College
Attn: Admissions Office
PO Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609
- Sent electronically by an authorized delivery agent selected by the institution for processing orders of electronic transcripts to email@example.com or
- Hand delivered official copy in an originally sealed envelope.
Faxed and/or emailed copies are considered unofficial and will not satisfy your admissions requirement.