Important Diploma Information

Class of 2019:

Your official diploma certificate will be mailed to your home address upon verification of grades and successful completion of degree requirements.

Please allow approximately 8-10 weeks after your term of completion, for your degree to be posted to your Calhoun transcript and to receive your diploma.

Former 2018 graduates should have already received your official diploma in the mail.

Best wishes on your future endeavors!

*For priority review, submit your application by the following dates:
Fall – June 1; Spring – October 1; Summer – April 1

How do I apply for Graduation?

  1. Login into MyCalhoun click the Student tab, then the My Degree tab, then Apply to Graduate. All applications will be submitted from this screen for all degrees and/or certificates.
  2. Upcoming graduates should submit their application at least one semester prior to graduation * see priority review dates above.

Graduation application Screenshot


Don’t have access to MyCalhoun? Submit an Application for Graduation form to the Office of Admissions via mail or in person.

  • Mail form to Admissions or submit on campus; see advisor if need assistance completing form.
  • You will receive an email of audit results generally within 6-8 weeks from time of submission.

Graduation Forms:

Frequently Asked Questions

When will my degree be posted?

Once all requirements for the degree has been met, and all grades have been verified at the end of term. Allow approximately 6-8 weeks for degree to post after end of semester.

When will I receive my diploma

If you chose to have a diploma mailed and have paid your fee, once your degree is posted to your transcript, in approximately 8-10 weeks after the end of term, you will receive your diploma certificate in the mail at the address on your graduation application.

When is the graduation ceremony?

The graduation ceremony is held once a year in May.

Is there a cost to participate in the ceremony?

All graduate candidates walking in the ceremony are required to fill out a reservation form and purchase graduation packet (cap, gown, diploma cover, etc.) approx. $50.

I did not pass a class needed for graduation; am I allowed to walk? 

Yes, grades will be verified after the ceremony and any needed courses may be taken the following term to earn your degree.

My GPA is below a 2.0, can I graduate?

An overall grade point average of 2.0 is required to earn your degree.  We  recommend you see an admissions staff member or advisor to discuss eligibility for course forgiveness or academic bankruptcy to help raise your GPA.  Note: You may not bankrupt a course that is applying towards your degree. In addition, you are eligible to walk in the ceremony and complete your requirements the following term.


For questions regarding graduation application, please contact Brandy Settlers at 256-306-2604,

For questions regarding graduation ceremony, please contact Carla Swinney at 256-306-2870,