International Students

International Students

An international student (a first-time freshman, a transfer student, a transient student, or a re-admission student) must apply for admission to the College before the student may enroll in a course. International student applicants are not eligible for conditional admission status.

Schedule An Appointment

Admission Requirements:

To be admitted to Calhoun Community College, an international student must submit to the following:

  1. Official copy of high school/college academic transcript (translated in English). High School academic transcript must show grades and completion date accompanied by the leaving certificate. The transcript MUST be sent directly from the school or college with official stamp.
  2. Official TOEFL SCORES:
    • Paper-based 500 (min), computer-based 173 (min), Internet-based 61
    • IELTS ranging 5.5-6.0
    • The Scores must be mailed directly from the Educational Testing Services to the Calhoun Office of Admissions and Records. Personal copies are NOT accepted.
    • The TOEFL Test is not administered at Calhoun Community College
  3. Signed notarized Affidavit of Financial Support that includes a current bank statement from a person or persons who assumes full responsibility for the student’s financial support and a bank letter from the sponsor’s bank.
  4. Documentation demonstrating adequate Health and Life Insurance which must be maintained during all periods of enrollment an summer vacation; and include the Repatriation and Medical Evacuation Benefits. Insurance may be purchased upon arrival.

TOEFL Exception #1: (1) A student from a country where English is the native language or from a country exempt from the TOEFL; or (2) a student who has graduated from an accredited high school in the United States or from an accredited American high school overseas;

TOEFL Exception #2: A transfer student who has successfully completed English Composition 101 or higher with a grade of C or above from a regionally accredited institution is exempt from the TOEFL.

transfer student (that is, a student who has attended one or more U. S. colleges and/or universities other than CCC) who wishes to pursue an education at CCC, must also ensure that an official academic record transcript is sent directly to CCC by the Registrar of each college and/or university that the student attended. In addition, the student must submit to the HUNTSVILLE Admissions Office a completed Transfer Eligibility Form and ALL of the above to the International Student Advisor located on the Huntsville Campus.

Academic credits earned at a foreign college or university must be translated and evaluated (course-by-course) by a NACES approved evaluation agency.

For a comprehensive list of agencies, please visit:

International Transient Students

Transient students are those who are attending a college or university, who leave that institution for one term to attend Calhoun Community College or do concurrent enrollment (enrolled at the same time) for a specific course, before returning to their home college or university.

International Transient Students must submit the following:

1. Application for Admission

International students must complete an application for admission with the International Student Advisor.

2. Photo I.D.

Present original documents in person at Calhoun Community College for photocopy. Examples include: unexpired government issued photo ID, unexpired I-94 card and visa page from passport (photocopy of driver’s license, if applicable). You may mail or email photo copies of all documents including the F-1 Transient Student form. F-1 Visa holders must also submit a copy of their current SEVIS I-20.

3. Transient Letter

Issued from current college/university, listing approved courses you wish to take at Calhoun Community College and specific term.

4. Transient Clearance Form (F-1 or J-1 Students only)

This form must be completed by your Designated School Official (International Advisor from your institution) granting permission for you to attend Calhoun Community College while still on your home institutions SEVIS I-20 / DS-2019. It’s important that they know you are doing con-current enrollment so you can comply with your immigration status requirements. Transient Clearance Form (Required for F-1 Visa holders only)

*Note that international students are not eligible for federal financial aid.

Procedure for Making Application:

Complete the  Admission Application along with the following:

Calhoun Community College
Admissions and Records, Huntsville Campus
International Advisor
102 Wynn Drive NW
Huntsville, AL 35805

Title IX states that: No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.

For additional information regarding the College’s nondiscrimination statement, Title IX contact information, and Title IX formal complaint process, please see Title IX.

Upon acceptance, the student will receive (1)a n I-20 and (2) Acceptance Letter. The student should take these documents to the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for a Student (F-1) Visa.

It is important to note that a student on an F-1 visa must observe all regulations of the Department of Homeland Security, including the requirement that the student must be enrolled full-time. 

A student approved for enrollment in regular CCC courses, must take the placement test to determine the correct placement in English, Reading and Mathematics.