An international student (a first-time freshman, a transfer student, a transient student, or a re-admission student) must apply for admission to the College before the student may enroll in a course. International student applicants are not eligible for conditional admission status.
To be admitted to Calhoun Community College, an international student must submit to the following:
- Official copy of high school/college academic transcript (translated in English). High School academic transcript must show grades and completion date accompanied by the leaving certificate. The transcript MUST be sent directly from the school or college with official stamp.
- Official TOEFL SCORES:
- Paper-based 500 (min), computer-based 173 (min), Internet-based 61
- IELTS ranging 5.5-6.0
- The Scores must be mailed directly from the Educational Testing Services to the Calhoun Office of Admissions and Records. Personal copies are NOT accepted.
- The TOEFL Test is not administered at Calhoun Community College
- Signed notarized Affidavit of Financial Support that includes a current bank statement from a person or persons who assumes full responsibility for the student’s financial support and a bank letter from the sponsor’s bank.
- Documentation demonstrating adequate Health and Life Insurance which must be maintained during all periods of enrollment an summer vacation; and include the Repatriation and Medical Evacuation Benefits. Insurance may be purchased upon arrival.
TOEFL Exception #1: (1) A student from a country where English is the native language or from a country exempt from the TOEFL; or (2) a student who has graduated from an accredited high school in the United States or from an accredited American high school overseas;
TOEFL Exception #2: A transfer student who has successfully completed English Composition 101 or higher with a grade of C or above from a regionally accredited institution is exempt from the TOEFL.
A transfer student (that is, a student who has attended one or more U. S. colleges and/or universities other than CCC) who wishes to pursue an education at CCC, must also ensure that an official academic record transcript is sent directly to CCC by the Registrar of each college and/or university that the student attended. In addition, the student must submit to the HUNTSVILLE Admissions Office a completed Transfer Eligibility Form and ALL of the above to the International Student Advisor located on the Huntsville Campus.
Academic credits earned at a foreign university must be evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
Apply online faster, easier and less expensive at www.wes.org/apply.
Procedure for Making Application:
Complete the Admission Application along with the following:
- If you are a transfer student from within the United States please download the Transfer Eligibility Form
- Send official transcripts of high school grades with an official English translation
- Complete Affidavit of Financial Support
- Mail all of the above to:
Calhoun Community College
Admissions and Records, Huntsville Campus
102 Wynn Drive NW
Huntsville, AL 35805
Upon acceptance, the student will receive (1)a n I-20 and (2) Acceptance Letter. The student should take these documents to the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate to apply for a Student (F-1) Visa.
It is important to note that a student on an F-1 visa must observe all regulations of the Department of Homeland Security, including the requirement that the student must be enrolled full-time.
A student approved for enrollment in regular CCC courses, must take the placement test to determine the correct placement in English, Reading and Mathematics.