Free College Tuition for Spring Semester!
No Scholarship Application Required
The Vision statement at Calhoun Community College is “Success for Every Student!” We are excited to announce a bold new initiative to help our students get ahead, save money and maybe even graduate early. For the spring 2021 semester only, the new Calhoun VISION Scholarship will allow eligible students to take up to 9-credit hours tuition-free of charge! We realize the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted students and their families in ways that may have disrupted saving and planning for college. The VISION Scholarship is the perfect opportunity to help students get started, or get back on track. It is open to new students, current students as well as high school students participating in our Dual Enrollment Program. The VISION Scholarship is set up on a 50% matching model for students meeting the minimum qualifications below.
Guidelines for High School Dual Enrollment Students:
- Student must be in grade 10, 11, or 12 and have a minimum cumulative (unweighted) high school grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale (verified by transcript). Student must have written approval of the appropriate principal, counselor or home school director.
- Student must meet all ACCS admissions and enrollment criteria.
- Student must meet all applicable pre-requisites and all required placement scores prior to enrolling in courses.
- The VISION Scholarship will cover only general education academic courses. Students who are receiving Workforce Development scholarship funding are not eligible.
- Must register and pay for at least 3 credit hours for the spring 2021 semester.
- The VISION Scholarship will pay a 50% match toward tuition for every tuition dollar paid on the student account when the total classes registered exceed 3 credit hours (associated class fees not included). (Applicable to any general education academic credit hours taken above the 3 credit hour minimum).
Guidelines for Students with a High School Diploma or GED:
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must complete the 2020-2021 FAFSA at Calhoun
- Must not already be receiving an institutional scholarship (i.e. athletics, activities, presidential, etc.) or a third-party billable aid source (i.e. VA benefits, WIOA, etc.), or any other external scholarship/aid besides Title IV Aid (PELL, SEOG)
- Must qualify for in-state tuition
- Must register and pay for at least 6 credit hours for the spring 2021 semester
- The VISION Scholarship will pay a 50% match toward tuition for every tuition dollar paid on the student account when the total classes registered exceed 6 credit hours (associated class fees not included).
- Title IV aid (Pell/ SEOG) will be applied toward the 6 credit hour minimum. Available Pell/SEOG must be applied to the total balance of all classes first and any remaining unpaid balance could be eligible for the scholarship if guidelines are met (The VISION Scholarship is non-refundable and therefore cannot pay more than the remaining balance for students with Pell/SEOG).
Again, the scholarship is for tuition only, fees are not included. Students are not required to complete a scholarship application. The scholarship will be applied directly to each student account when they register and pay. The VISION Scholarship reaffirms our commitment to Success for Every Student!