AMP – Alliance for Machining Professionals
Advanced Machine Tool curriculum. Paid work experience.
What makes AMP different?
- Advanced CNC Machine Tool Curriculum (8 NEW CNC Classes have been added).
- There is a well-defined criteria for acceptance into the AMP Program.
- Students attend class two days a week for an average of 8 hours per day, and get paid to work for one of our industry partners three days per week.
- Prior to selection into the program, students sign a commitment towards consistent attendance, proper attire, and professional behavior.
- Soft skills, such as Lean manufacturing processes, and problem solving are integrated into the AMP Program.
- Applicant must be eligible to take MTH 100 & ENG 101 at Calhoun Community College.
- Must have a desire to be a professional machine tool technician, and be at least 18 years of age by June 1 of the application year.
- Participation in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math) such as BEST Center, Robotics Career Technical Coursework, or Project Lead the Way is preferred