Steps to Apply
We encourage ALL students to apply for scholarships. Only one application is required for all scholarships offered, including foundation and institutional scholarships. In order to be considered for scholarships offered by Calhoun Community College and the Calhoun Foundation, students must do the following every year by February 1:
- Have a completed Admissions Application on file with Calhoun Admissions.
This includes a submitted government issued photo ID.
- Have a completed FAFSA Application on file with Calhoun Financial Aid.
2021-22 FAFSA required for ALL scholarship applications. 2021-22 FAFSA will be available beginning October 1.
To have FAFSA automatically sent to Calhoun, enter Institution Code 001013 when completing the FAFSA
If needed tax returns are not completed by February 1, complete the FAFSA based on estimated information from the previous year’s tax return in order to meet the deadline for scholarship eligibility.
FAFSA tips from Calhoun Financial Aid
- Have a completed Scholarship Application on file with Calhoun Scholarship Office.
Available October 1 through February 1.
Applicants log in using their myCalhoun credentials provided after the Admissions Application process has been completed.
For More Information:
Notification of Award
All correspondence from the Scholarship Office is sent to the student’s @calhoun.edu email address. Applicants should have a working knowledge of how to check this email and should attend to it regularly. It is best practice to check clutter, junk, and spam folders to avoid missing important information.
If selected for a scholarship, the student will have two weeks to accept the offer and to complete the post-acceptance agreement. Failure to do so will result in revocation of the award offer.
Foundation Scholarships – Awards sponsored by donors
- Many with LOW minimum GPA requirements
- ACT not required
- Recipients must:
- Write acceptable donor thank you letter
- Attend donor/student breakfast
- Maintain required cumulative GPA
For questions about foundation scholarships, contact Dannielle Watley at email@example.com or 256-713-4823.
Foundation Scholarships List – The list is for informational purposes only. Students DO NOT choose individual scholarships. The Foundation Scholarship Committee awards scholarships best matched to the individual application.
Institutional Scholarships — Awards sponsored by Calhoun
- GPA of 3.0 or higher (Honors Program: high school 3.5 or higher, college 3.0 or higher with 12 credit bearing hours)
- ACT of 20 or higher (Honors Program: 24 or higher)
- United States citizen
Presidential Honors Program Scholarship
The criteria for this scholarship is determined by the Honors Program coordinators in conjunction with the Scholarship Committee. This scholarship will cover in-state tuition and fees up to 15 credit hours for fall and spring semesters. This scholarship is guaranteed for two years as long as the student remains in the Presidential Honors Program.
This scholarship is available to any student (incoming or current). Awardees are selected by a multidisciplinary scholarship committee. Preference is given to students with GPAs of 3.0 or higher. ACT scores are taken into consideration when awarding high school seniors. This is a one-year scholarship for $2,000 ($1,000 per semester).
Principal’s Choice Scholarship¹
Each eligible high school in our service area receives two Principal’s Choice Award. This is a one-year scholarship for $1,500 ($750 per semester). Eligibility is contingent upon a 3.0 GPA and ACT score of 20 or higher.
Eligible High Schools
²Eligible high schools within Calhoun’s service area
- Ardmore High School
- Athens Bible School
- Athens High School
- Austin High School
- Bob Jones High School
- Buckhorn High School
- James Clemens High School
- Clements High School
- Columbia High School
- Cornerstone Christian Academy
- Covenant Christian Academy
- Decatur Heritage Christian Academy
- Decatur High School
- East Lawrence High School
- East Limestone High School
- Elkmont High School
- Grissom High School
- Hartselle High School
- Hazel Green High School
- Horizon High School
- Huntsville Center for Technology
- Huntsville Christian Academy
- Huntsville High School
- Jemison High School
- Lee High School
- Limestone Career Technical Center
- Lindsay Lane Christian Academy
- Madison Academy
- Madison County Career Technical Center
- Madison County High School
- New Century Technology High School
- New Hope High School
- Oakwood Academy
- Priceville High School
- Randolph High School
- Sparkman High School
- St. John Paul II Catholic High School
- Tanner High School
- Union Chapel Christian Academy
- Valley Fellowship Christian Academy
- West Limestone High School
- West Morgan High School
- Westminster Christian High School
- Whitesburg Christian Academy
Nominations from the high school principal/counselor must be submitted to the Scholarship Office by February 1st.
¹The institutional scholarships noted may be stacked to cover tuition and fees up to 12 credit hours. These scholarships can be stacked with other institutional scholarships, but cannot exceed the amount of tuition and fees. To be eligible for the spring portion of any award, students must maintain a cumulative 3.0 GPA and complete at least 12 credit hours.
For questions about institutional scholarships, contact Pam Woodruff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-306-2689.
- Fine Arts (Art, Chorale, Graphic Design, Jazz Band, and Theatre) — contact: William Godsey
- Muse Co-Editors — contact: Dr. Leigh Ann Rhea
- Phi Theta Kappa Officers — contact: Dana Burton
- Student Government Association — contact: Kelly Hovater
- Warhawk Student Ambassadors — contact: Chason Shackelford
Summer scholarships may be available based on forfeitures from prior recipients. Students interested in obtaining a scholarship for the summer term should complete the listed application requirements by February 1.
Outside scholarships are recommended to students who fail to meet the requirements by the deadlines.
Calhoun Community College and Foundation awards are overseen by a multidisciplinary Scholarship Advisory Committee comprised of Calhoun faculty, staff, and Foundation Board members.
Questions? Contact us at:
Calhoun Community College
PO Box 2216
Decatur, AL 35609
Fax: (256) 306-2877
For Foundation Scholarships, contact Dannielle Watley at email@example.com or 256-713-4823
For Institutional Scholarships, contact Pam Woodruff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 256-306-2689