The Financial Aid Federal Shopping Sheet is a consumer tool that Calhoun Community College provides to notify students about their financial cost of attendance. It is a standardized form that is designed to simplify the information that students receive about costs and financial aid.
The shopping sheet generates figures that are estimates only and all tuition rates and fees are subject to change without notice.
- Calhoun Community College’s standard allowance for some expenses may not match your actual costs. Additionally, the shopping sheet does not include any estimates for expenses that may vary greatly based upon personal choices.
- The shopping sheet does not include some fees that are course-specific (e.g., lab fees, educational materials, art supplies, etc.).
All amounts shown on the shopping sheet or in other publications or websites represent tuition and fees as currently approved by the college. However, Calhoun Community College reserves the right to modify tuition rates and fees without prior notice and to make such modifications applicable to students currently enrolled at the college, as well as to incoming students. Students are responsible for all charges billed by the college.
The estimates included in the shopping sheet are not binding on the Secretary of Education, Calhoun Community College, the Alabama Community College System or the State of Alabama.
To view your shopping sheet, access your MyCalhoun.
- Select the Financial Aid Tab.
- Select Federal Shopping Sheet and select the appropriate aid year.
You can choose to download a copy of the Federal Shopping Sheet to keep for your records, or you can select to view it online.
Below is an example of what you will see when you view the Federal Shopping Sheet. The numbers used below are only used as examples of what may appear on a typical Federal Shopping Sheet. The numbers below do not necessarily reflect what you will see when you log into your personalized Federal Shopping Sheet in your MyCalhoun.
Costs in the 2020-21 Year
Estimated Cost of Attendance: $14,286 (Academic Year)
- Tuition and Fees: $3,936
- Housing and Meals: $4,500
- Books and Supplies: $2,650
- Transportation: $2,000
- Other educational costs: $1,200
Grants and scholarships to pay for college
- Total Grants and Scholarships (“Gift” Aid; no repayment needed): $8,345
- Grants from your school: $0
- Federal Pell Grant: $6,345
- Grants from your state: $0
- Other scholarships you can use: $2,000
What will you pay for college
- Net Costs (Cost of attendance minus total grants and scholarships) $5,941 /yr