Calhoun Community College Code of Conduct for Educational Loans
The Department of Education requires colleges who participate in FSA loans to publish and enforce a Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct approved by the president and administrative staff applies to all employees, agents and other organizations associated with Calhoun Community College. It is agreed that all will refrain from:
- Refusing to certify or delaying the certification of an education loan based on a borrower’s choice of lender.
- Assigning a first-time borrower to a particular private education loan lender through the student’s financial aid award or another means.
- Packaging a private education loan in a student’s financial aid award, except when the student is ineligible for other financial aid, has exhausted his or her federal student aid eligibility, has not filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or refuses to apply for a federal student loan.
- Accepting impermissible gifts, goods, or services from a lender, lender servicer or guarantor. The institution may accept default prevention, financial literacy, aid related educational services or materials, or other items of a nominal value.
- Accepting philanthropic contributions from a lender, lender servicer, or guarantor that are related to the educational loans provided by the entity that is making the contribution.
- Serving on or otherwise participating as a member of an advisory council for a lender, lender affiliate, or lender servicer.
- Accepting from a lender or its affiliate any fee, payment or other financial benefit as compensation for any type of consulting arrangement or other contract to provide education loan-related services to or on behalf of the lender.
- Accepting fees or other benefits in exchange for endorsing a lender or the lender’s loan products.
- Requesting or accepting an offer of funds for private education loans from a lender, in exchange for our promise to provide the lender with placement on a preferred lender list, or a certain number of volume of private education loans.
Calhoun Community College is committed to providing the information and resources necessary to help every student achieve educational success. To accomplish this goal the Student Financial Services staff will consider each student’s individual needs.