ACalhoun’s Associate in Applied Science degree in Air Conditioning and Refrigeration prepares students through practical experiences to work on heating, ventilation, cooling and refrigeration systems that control the temperature, humidity and total air quality in homes, schools, hospitals, and office buildings. Not only is the graduate of this program qualified in air conditioning and refrigeration maintenance, but also in residential and commercial construction.
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, A.A.S.
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Short-Term Certificate
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration/ACR Fundamentals Short-Term Certificate
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration/Advanced ACR Short-Term Certificate
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration/Renewable Energy Short-Term Certificate
For More Information
Air Conditioning Careers
The need for qualified technicians that can install, maintain and repair new complex systems is in high demand. Employment of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration mechanics and installers is projected to grow significantly and a much faster pace than the average for all occupations.
Career Opportunities in our area include ERC Incorporated, MPE Services, H.C. Blake and Vulcan Heating and Air. There is always the possibility of starting and owning one’s own company.
The typical base salary ranges for entry level to experienced is $37,000 – $63,000. The base salary ranges do not include overtime or benefits.
Check out career data based on the programs below: