Now is the perfect time to consider truck driving as a career! If you have always wanted to be a truck driver, or you are looking to transition to a new career after being in the workforce for a period of time, Calhoun Community College can provide the training and testing you need. The CDL Training class provides driver license testing information and training for drivers who wish to have a commercial driver’s license (CDL – Class A or B) and endorsements. This course will also provide information on federal requirements for the state’s standards for the licensing of commercial drivers.
- Funding available through the Alabama Career Center and Sallie Mae based on eligibility
- 160 Hours
- Mon-Thu day classes
- Mon-Fri evening classes
- Sat-Sun weekend classes
- Experienced instructor with 18 years of extensive training in CDL, and 16 years as a CDL Examiner
- Hands-on training in a team environment
- Manual and automatic vehicles for a Class A or B
- Recruiters available to discuss job opportunities
- Skills testing on completion included
- Certificate of completion and verification provided
- Price of Training: $2950.00
Admissions requirements for entry into the CDL Truck Driving program are (1) be at least 21 years of age* for a Class A or B license, (2) Possess a good driving record and, 3) be able to successfully pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination and a DOT controlled substance test.
*Effective February 7, 2020, Alabama allows individuals ages 18-20 to apply for a CDL:
- Limited to Class A CDL only
- No hazmat or passenger endorsements
- Prohibited from operating oversize or specially configured loads requiring a permit from ALDOT
- Limited to commercial driving within the State of Alabama only (intrastate)
The following documents are required before you begin training. Note: The long form physical, chain of custody drug screen, and motor vehicle report (MVR) must be dated within 30 days of the first scheduled class day. For further information regarding admission requirements, see the Requirements & Registration Steps page.
- Driver License
- Social Security Card
- Motor Vehicle Report
- DOT Physical
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate
- Chain of Custody Drug Screen Results
Note: Books and other out-of-pocket expenses are not included in the tuition.
CDL Training Calendar
|February 3 – 27, 2020||Monday-Thursday||8:30am-5:30pm|
|April 4 – May 24, 2020||Saturday-Sunday||7:00am-5:30pm|
|March 2 – 26, 2020||Monday-Thursday||8:30am-5:30pm|