Registration for the next Phlebotomy Technician Program will begin on January 8, 2019.
Phlebotomists are ambassadors of the clinical laboratory who, for many patients or clients, are the primary lab personnel with whom they have contact. The Phlebotomy Technician Program will be a combination of weekly classes/labs and supporting textbook studies. The Program includes learning the techniques of collecting blood specimens by venipuncture, orders of draw, basic patient customer service skills, and accurate logging of specimens. Students will receive hands-on training in a clinical-like setting in our Healthcare lab.
- Duration: 8-week course
- Dates: March 15 – May 17, 2019
- Days: All classes are held on Fridays
- Location: Huntsville Campus, Room 123 (building 1)
- Cost: $750 (includes textbook, 1 set of scrubs, and lab fees)
Click a button to register for your preferred time, classes are limited to 12 students each.
In order to enroll in the Phlebotomy Technician Program, students must have proof of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Register and pay online for the Phlebotomy Technician Program
- Once student registers and pays for the class, they will receive an email listing the dates available for an enrollment session. Respond by email, selecting your desired date.
Note: ALL Phlebotomy students are required to attend an enrollment session.
- The enrollment session will include:
- Signing required paperwork
- Bringing a copy of documentation of High School diploma or equivalent
- Ordering scrubs
- Discussing the Optional Clinical Rotation
Optional Clinical Rotation
The 1 or 2-week period Optional Clinical Rotation may be selected during the enrollment session. This option gives the student the opportunity to work in an area hospital/clinic/facility for 40-50 hours. Students must obtain least 100 blood draws and 5 skin punctures during the clinical rotation, which is a requirement to sit for the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT) National Certification Exam.
The Calhoun Community College fee for the clinical rotation is $249.00, and includes:
- Fee for membership into the ASPT
- Cost of the ASPT National Certification written exam
- Associated fees
The student is also responsible for the following additional items (NOT included in the $249.00 fee)
- Drug Screen/Background Check – minimum of $71.50 – must go through the college vendor, ESS
- Proof of a recent 2-part TB skin test
- Proof of a recent Influenza Vaccination
Registration and payment for the Optional Clinical Rotation is due the first day of class.
Proof of 2-part TB skin test and influenza vaccination must be turned in the first day of class in order to pay and participate in the clinical rotation.
Upon successful completion of the Phlebotomy Technician Program, the Optional Clinical Rotation, and the ASPT National Certification Examination, the student will receive a National Certification through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT).
NOTE: Students must successfully complete the March 2019 Phlebotomy Technician Program to participate in the Optional Clinical Rotation.
If you have questions about the Phlebotomy Technician Program that were not answered on this website, please email Diane Peck at email@example.com or Jillian Christensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
All refund requests for the March 2019 classes must be received in writing by the close of business on February 22, 2019.
Email email@example.com with your request, and then call 256-306-2515 to confirm receipt of the request.