Registration for the March 2021 program begins on December 3, 2020
Phlebotomists are ambassadors of the clinical laboratory who, for many patients or clients, are the primary lab personnel with whom they have contact. The Phlebotomy Technician Program will be a combination of weekly classes/labs and supporting textbook studies. The Program includes learning the techniques of collecting blood specimens by venipuncture, orders of draw, basic patient customer service skills, and accurate logging of specimens. Students will receive hands-on training in a clinical-like setting in our Healthcare lab.
- Duration: 9-week course
- Dates: March 19, 2021 – May 21, 2021
- Days: All classes are held on Fridays
- Location: Calhoun Community College, Huntsville campus, Sparkman Building, Room 123
- Cost: $799 (includes textbook, 1 set of scrubs, and lab fees)
Click a button to register for your preferred time, classes are limited to 10 students per class.
In order to enroll in the Phlebotomy Technician Program, students must have proof of a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Register and pay online for the Phlebotomy Technician Program
- Once student registers and pays for the class, will receive an email with required paperwork.
- All students must provide documentation of 2 recent TB skin tests administered within 2 weeks of each other. Documentation must include dates tests were done, dates read, and results. Students may substitute a recent Chest X-ray instead of the 2 TB skin tests
- Students must have proof of current influenza vaccination or sign a waiver
- All Paperwork due by February 15, 2021 – includes TB skin tests and influenza vaccination documentation.
Note: ALL Phlebotomy students are required to attend an enrollment session.
Optional Clinical Rotation
The 1 or 2-week period Optional Clinical Rotation may be selected during the enrollment session. This option gives the student the opportunity to work in an area hospital/clinic/facility for 40-50 hours. Students must obtain at least 100 successful, documented blood draws during the clinical rotation.
The Calhoun Community College fee for the clinical rotation is $249.00, and includes:
- Fee for membership into the ASPT
- Cost of the ASPT National Certification written exam
- Associated fees
The student is also responsible for the following additional items (NOT included in the $249.00 fee)
- Drug Screen/Background Check – minimum of $71.50 – must go through the college vendor, ESS
Students will be sent paperwork to enroll in the Optional Clinical Rotation after attending a mandatory Enrollment Session. All paperwork for the Optional Clinical Rotation is due by February 4, 2021 (first day of class). A Payment link will be sent to all students who complete the paperwork after February 4, 2021. Payment for the clinical is due by close of business on March 24, 2021.
No refunds available for the Optional Clinical Rotation fee.
Upon successful completion of the Phlebotomy Technician Program, the Optional Clinical Rotation, and the ASPT National Certification Examination, the student will receive a National Certification through the American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians (ASPT).
NOTE: Students must successfully complete the March 2021 Phlebotomy Technician Program to participate in the Optional Clinical Rotation.
If you have questions about the Phlebotomy Technician Program that were not answered on this website, please email Diane Peck at email@example.com.
All refund requests for the March 2021 Phlebotomy Technician Program must be received in writing by the close of business on January 28, 2021.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request, and then call 256-306-2515 to confirm receipt of the request.
Check out related careers and career data associated with this program: