FREE Training to Qualified Students!*
Start training for a rewarding career as a medical administrative assistant, supporting physicians and nurses in maintaining patient medical and financial records. Medical Administrative Assistants primarily work in doctor’s offices, clinics, outpatient settings, hospitals, and other health care settings. The growth and the complexity of the U.S. health care system have resulted in a substantial increase in the need for qualified medical administrative assistants.
- Must have an interest in pursuing a career as a Medical Administrative Assistant (including national certification).
- Must be a mother, grandmother, female custodial parent/guardian to at least 1 child under the age of 18. Free childcare provided during classes and externship.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent (must provide proof during application process)
- Must have basic computer skills (MS Word and Excel).
- Must meet the income levels listed on the bottom of this page.
- Must be available to attend all classes
- Tuesday and Thursday nights | 6:00 pm – 9:30 pm
- September 22, 2020 – December 3, 2020
- Must be available to participate in a one week externship
- Monday through Friday | 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Dates are either December 7 – 11 or December 14 – 18, 2020
- Must be willing to take the following (scholarship will pay the fees):
- TB skin test (or chest X-ray) – must have negative results
- Influenza vaccination
- Must submit to a drug screen and background check (scholarship will pay the fee):
- Drug screen must be negative
- No felony convictions on the background check
- Understand that there are deadlines to meet the screening requirements. If selected students do not meet the deadlines, they will not be accepted into the program.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Vivian Conatser Turner Early Learning Center, 1313 Clarkview Street SW, Decatur, AL 35601
- Must have a working telephone
Income Level Criteria
|Persons In Household||Income|
|Add $4,480 for each person over 8|
For More Information
For more information email email@example.com or call 256-260-2462.
Offered in partnership with The Women’s Fund of Greater Birmingham.