5 Simple Steps

If you are a degree-seeking student, or you plan to transfer to a 4-year or senior institution, these steps are for you! If you are looking for short-term career training and certifications, check out Calhoun Workforce Solutions. For High School students wishing to take dual enrollment classes at Calhoun, go to our Dual Enrollment page.

  1. Apply for Admission
  2. Discover Ways to Pay for College and Complete your FAFSA
  3. Submit your Test Scores OR Take our Placement Exam
  4. Meet with an Advisor to Discuss Course Options
  5. Register on MyCalhoun and pay tuition and fees

We’re here to help if you need it any step along the way! Contact our Outreach Team.

Decatur Advising Center


Huntsville Advising Center


Helpful Information

  • Currently enrolled students will skip steps 1 and 3.  You may need to meet with an advisor (step 4) if you need to discuss your major or change majors.
  • Visit the Admissions page for useful information. ID is required before registering for classes. Submit identification to Admissions. 
  • Transient students who may be taking a break from another college or university during the summer and want to get in a couple extra credits should also submit transient letter to the Admissions office with the approved courses listed and the appropriate signatures from transfer institution. Once your form has been received by the Admissions office, you will be granted access to register for your approved courses using myCalhoun.
  • To schedule non-traditional/distance education advising services for online students who are out-of-state or cannot access traditional advising services, please call the Advising Center at 256-306-2648.
  • Once tuition is paid, you may acquire the following:
    • ID Card (Students must present schedule to have ID card made)
      • Decatur – ID can be made in Wallace Hall room 109
      • Huntsville – ID can be made in the Admissions Office
  • Parking Decal
    • Decatur – Wallace Hall, cashier
    • Huntsville– Campus Police Desk – Front Foyer
  • Calhoun Bookstores are located on both Decatur and Huntsville campuses. If you are receiving financial aid, please see appropriate semester book charge dates/times by visiting the Bookstore site
  • You may find it helpful to visit our Phone/E-mail Directory. There you may look for contact information by department/area or you can go to an alphabetical listing if you know the person’s name that you need to contact.